Why work at Times Media?
We seek to attract and retain individuals who are entrepreneurial, innovative, inspired, driven and have a "can-do" attitude.
Our employees are courageous and curious, enabling us to create and deliver media and entertainment products and services that help people realise their full potential. Times Media prides itself on fostering a work environment that offers opportunities for development, skills enhancement and growth.
The scope for development in the Times Media group is vast and a diverse and challenging environment is on offer. One’s development is only limited by the individual’s career aspirations.
Thank you for visiting our website and the interest shown in our Company.
Times Media Contact Centre Learnership – 2016 Intake
Times Media is inviting 20 unemployed youth (between the ages of 18 and 30) with special interest in Call Centres to send in their applications for contact centre learnership. People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply for this great opportunity. This learnership will run from 06 January 2016 – 31 December 2016.
Successful applicants will attend theoretical classroom learning and on-the-job learning, and on successful completion of the learnership learners will obtain a Further Education and Training Certificate: Contact Centre Operations, NQF Level 4, registered with SAQA and accredited by Services Sector Education and Training Authority. Learners will also gain additional exposure in the publishing industry as part of their learning.
The training will take place in Rosebank, Johannesburg and in Port Elizabeth central. The successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the learnership contract.
If you meet the criteria below:
- Have a matric /equivalent certificate
- Have passed English in level 4
- Have passed Mathematics in level 4 or Maths literacy level 5
- Must be a South African by birth
- Are below the age of 35
- Do not have work experience
- Not studying or planning to study towards a post matric qualification in 2016
- Are passionate about customer service
- Have a letter from a medical Doctor confirming your disability (only for disabled candidates).
Then, this is your opportunity to join Times Media and enjoy 12 months of interactive learning and work experience.
If you wish to apply:
1) Download the application form here and complete it.
2) Once completed, your application form together with certified copies of matric / equivalent certificate, ID and a disability confirmation letter from a doctor/clinic/hospital (where applicable) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for JHB; email@example.com for PE; fax to +27 86 206 4704 before 17h00 on 19 October 2015.
Instructions when applying:
Please put "Times Media Contact Centre Learnership and area of learning (Joburg or PE)" in the subject line of your e-mail and attach your application form, Matric Certificate, ID and the Doctor’s confirmation letter of your disability.
Any application without these documents will not be considered. No other documents should be submitted except those mentioned. Incomplete application forms will also not be considered. Only one application per person will be considered.
Kindly note that if we do not respond to you by 27 November 2015 you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to a panel interview.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Times Media applies the principles of Employment Equity Act and as such, preference will be given to EE candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. Kindly note that if we do not respond to you by 27 November 2015, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.