Orders and Enquiries
(011) 280 3188
(011) 280 3188
(011) 340 9411
(011) 340 9411
4 Biermann Avenue
Introduction to Learning Channel
Learning Channel is a Times Media Group subsidiary that strives to educate, make positive differences in the lives of our youth and provide tools for nation building.
The Learning Channel has defined standards of excellence, and is committed to providing quality education for all learners, parents and teachers in accordance with South Africa’s education policies.
Historically the Learning Channel has delivered curriculum-based lessons in the core subjects to GET and FET learners and their facilitators through its live weekday broadcasts, education supplements in almost all South Africa’s major newspapers and its website, www.learningchannel.co.za.
- Multi-media assets – print, audio visual and broadcasting.
- Audience and footprint across the above platforms
- Quality of our content
- Our content is developed by highly qualified and experienced teachers and undergoes stringent checks to ensure accuracy and CAPS compliance.
- Our existing relationships with publishers, teachers and curriculum experts in the Department of Basic Education allow us to publish sought-after print supplements and AV material.
- We have supplied DVD’s and print to provincial education departments, corporates and the general public.
- The Learning Channel develops audio visual curriculum content and has supplied educational DVDs and print to the Department of Basic Education (DoBE), corporate social initiatives and the general public for many years.
We consult with various curriculum experts and brief them on our content requirements. They write the content which is then scripted by another specialist.
All presenters are also subject experts. Between every stage of filming and editing, the product is sent for quality checking to always ensure the highest accuracy and interpretation/explanation by the presenters.
Our education content has been repurposed for multi-platform dissemination and covers:
- Career profiles
- Life skills information
- Education policy updates and information that young people need in order to make decisions about their future. For example, how to apply for higher education institutions or funding.
- Essentials DVD range – Grades 10-12
- Essentials Print range – Grades 10-12
- Exam Walkthru DVD range – Grades 10-12
- Q & A Print range – Grades 10-12
- Foundation Phase DVD and readers – Grades R-3
- TV broadcast content
- Print Supplements
- Mobile Application
- Online/ Web
Essentials DVDs and print range
Grade 10, 11&12 Essentials consists of a sharp, short DVD, perfect as a revision tool just before examinations. An excellent refresher of selected concepts covered during the year.
The print range is a 36 page tabloid newspaper that contains a selection of concepts covered in the DVD range.
Exam Walkthru DVD’s and Q & A Print ranges
On each DVD, a highly qualified Grade 12 teacher of the particular subject will “walk the viewer thru” a sample exam paper (which has been prepared to look as much like the end-of-year paper as possible).
The DVD shows the teacher clearly demonstrating, step-by-step, the methodology required and the best way to achieve the correct answers.
Of course the exemplar paper is not an exact replica of the final paper. Even so, this sample paper will provide valuable practice in sitting examinations and will help the viewer to understand the requirements for answering exam questions in the correct format in order to achieve the best results.
The print range is a 48 page tabloid newspaper that contains the exam paper and memorandum in a Q & A style.
Foundation Phase DVD and readers
Each of these sets contain an activity playbook, 4 readers , a DVD and a navigation guide for the teacher. A fun, exciting, colourful way to support learners during this crucial stage of development.
We endeavor to form partnerships with key stakeholders in order to continue to develop teaching and learning materials that support teachers and learners in diverse classrooms and other learning environments across South Africa.
We will continue to strive to increase accessibility of quality learning material and to improve opportunities for future generations.